Friday 11 March 2011

Day 70: Most definitely trying something new!

So...I dunno how to start today's blog post...knowing what today's photo is...and trying to think of how to explain WHY ON EARTH I took it. It's another self portrait...Since starting this blog I think I've taken more self portraits than I have my whole life...but this one is on a whole new level. Some of you...many of you probably won't even recognise me. Because it's not what I look like on a daily basis...or Ever. HA.

You see...it started when I was helping Rachael with her photo shoot on Tuesday night...we were going through her project sketchbook, looking at the research and ideas for what she was wanting to try with Laura during the photo shoot. And I absolutely loved this photo...

I joked about Rachael taking a photo of me like that...with my amazing modeling skills. HA. But, I really did want to try it...which is unusual for me...I don't often get the urge to be the model!...and look like a model, rather than 'taking the mickey'. Haha. As you can see it was going to require make up...and backcombing my hair...the hair backcombing thing I didn't mind! But the makeup...not my thing.

But...I actually went to Tesco this morning and bought eyeliner...and face wipes...I felt out extremely out of my comfort zone. And I had planned to buy lipstick too...but when I saw the price of it all I was like "Seriously?!!" So the eyeliner was enough. I'd rather buy pick n' mix.

When I got home again, I realised I was gonna need eyeshadow too...amazingly enough I had some in my drawer...couldn't tell you when I bought it...and apparently you're meant to throw your make up out every 6 months...well, it's definitely older than that! But oh well. I felt incredibly silly putting it on...but after a while I got the hang of it! Ha. It certainly didn't look as strong as the make up in the photo above...but it was enough for me!

I'm writing far too much about this. I didn't plan on talking about it this much...I haven't even gotten to the part where I was taking the photos! Taking self portraits is not easy. Getting the focus right...when my arm isn't long enough to reach the camera, and stay in position for the shot, isn't easy! Having to go back and forth to see what the photo looks like, is annoying. And trying to find a spot in the house that had the right light, really wasn't easy...I dunno how many times I moved.

I feel very silly talking about how much effort has gone in to this...when the final photo doesn't look anywhere near as good as the original! And I can't believe I'm actually about to post such a photo OF MYSELF out to the public...but here goes!

So...I have to go now, off to pick up some lovely ladies and then go out for a meal with lots of lovely ladies from Church. Should be a lovely evening! They'll be gutted that they're not going to be today's blog photo...aw no...I feel bad now. I'll post a photo of it tomorrow maybe :) I'm still wearing some of the make up...eek. Maybe I'll take a face wipe with me...haha.


P.S. Oh boy...I just looked at the two photos...what an awful attempt! I'm embarrassed...no going back now though...

3 comments:

  1. Catriona Stewart! Twit Twoooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH ! I actually love it! You look like a proper model! How come you never model for me like that?!? Lol. Amazing shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete