Monday 7 March 2011

Day 66: I couldn't help but laugh...

...when I told Mum "I took a photo of my engine!" (That sentence probably isn't grammatically correct, but tough) I felt cool...and slightly manly. It was funny. And look how cute it is!! JD's a babe :)
Now, I wasn't just checkin out JD's engine, the bonnet was up for a practical reason. I needed to top up my screenwash! So when I got home from work I set out to find the lever to lift the bonnet...HA. I checked the drivers side, where the lever is in Mum's vauxhall, and then I checked the boot...and then I checked the passenger side. Why would you put the lever on the passenger's side?! Do they think I have a servant that sits beside me all the time, and does all my car related tasks for me? I'm not married. Ho ho ho. I told Mum all of this over dinner, and she asked if I'd looked at the handbook yet...HA. Good one Mum. That's when I told her about photographing the engine. Good times.

I have another exciting story, also to do with engines amazingly enough...

When I left the Rotech carpark after work, a boy on a scooter had just left the Dingbro carpark across the road and so I nipped in behind him...at the fantastic speed of 20mph. Which is fine, Whitemyres Avenue has quite a few areas with cars peeping out of carparks at any point. So slow speeds are good. But I was hoping that this boy wasn't going to go the way I was going...he did...but he merged with the traffic, and I had to wait for the next gap, so I forgot all about him. Until I past all the traffic lights on the langstracht, and I couldn't figure out why myself and the couple cars in front of me were only going at about 23mph...then I saw him. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE!! Chugging along like an old lady on one of those amazing mobile cart things. We managed to overtake him at the 50 zone, when there was a gap to go on to the right hand lane. Hooray!!! And he went out of my mind again...until I met the traffic on the dual carriageway...and something comes up the side of JD...rage. I admit I was jealous, couldn't believe he was going to beat me after all! But he went out of my mind again...HA. Until I was coming up to my turn off to the backroad to Westhill. There was someone about 100 yards ahead on the left lane, signalling right, going rather slowly, and waiting for cars to pass so they could cross to the right hand lane. I thought they had maybe just realised they needed to take my turn off too, so I kept an eye out...being all hazard alert n all! And then I spotted the boy...in the middle of the lane...going at the top speed of about 28mph. I lolled. And everyone was just trying to get past him. I'm glad I never got a scooter. 

Good story huh.


3 comments:

  1. Love how you have a wee interesting story for everyday! My life is definetly not as exciting s yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtf, major fish-eye lensiness here! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye, it's just my wide angle lens though.

    ReplyDelete