Sunday 6 March 2011

Day 65: The Armour of God

I've wondered all day what I was gonna do my blog post on, and what my photo was gonna be. I didn't have my gorgeous nephew around to photograph this afternoon...so I was a little lost! Ha. But then while I was at Youth Fellowship after church, I decided exactly what I was going to do...

We've been talking about the Armour of God for a few weeks now. Ephesians 6 vs says "...put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." And today we were talking about the shoes of the gospel of peace. Verses 14&15 say "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."

Now, I can't do justice what we all learnt tonight, but I'll try my best to summarise it! When talking about armour, the footwear is probably not the first thing people would think about...perhaps they'd think of the parts that protect your head, and your heart first, but your feet are also very important! They're what give us a firm stance. And what could be better than a pair of shoes made out of the Gospel of Peace?! Having it as our grip in lifes daily battles, knowing that we're walking with God's amazing news, that if we believe and trust that his Son died for us, to forgive our sins, we are all promised everlasting peace through his way of life. And we should never take those shoes off! Never think "Okay, I want a wee break from these...I'll let my feet get some air..." Cause you'll just end up stumbling, and wishing you'd never taken them off! 

This all made me think about what I do when I come home at the end of the day...go upstairs and kick off my shoes at the end of my bed...and I thought it was very relevant! Ha...there's quite a few pairs there now, I should really put them away...but not my pair made of the Gospel of Peace, of course!
Woaw it's late, I hope that all made sense! And on a side note, you'll see that it's Day 65...which means I only have 300 more days to go!! Woop woop!

Have a good week everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment