Monday 30 May 2011

Day 150: Backwards Bench Bunday (Monday)

So, going out to Crathes Castle, to take photos, in the rain, probably isn't a good idea when one has the cold, especially when one leaves their umbrella on the ground. But it's just so much fun!! I absolutely love the castle grounds. Could've sat there all evening, if the bench wasn't wet, and I didn't have a baked potato calling my name from the oven back home.

As you have probably guessed, I like water, in all its formations, be it at the seaside, a waterfall, a sprinkler, or in a balloon, and I love to get it in my photos! But when it comes to Bench Monday's there's a slight problem...not many places face the bench away from the beautiful view...which is fair enough. So as I was driving home from work, and getting a craving for Crathes, I decided to just try out a backwards Bench Monday, and it's nae too bad.

I was hoping for some torrential rain, slapping down on the loch, but the location of the bench, with the sloping grounds behind it prevented a good enough view of the loch to provide such a shot. I'll just have to hunt for another new bench beside a loch. Shame. But, despite not getting what I'd visualised before arriving, I LOVE this composition. The wee island you can see on the right of the image is just so cute! I'm gutted the gap is just that little bit too wide to force future clients to jump across. It would be the perfect spot for a picnic blanket and some cute family/engagement photos. I could get a plank...I'm sure they'd trust me.

Next time I'm there with someone I'm definitely gonna jump the gap! It would just be a little bit too risky for me to try get across within the 10 seconds of my camera's self timer, without falling in. I do have previous experience of falling in a pond...Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment