Thursday 26 May 2011

Day 146: Has it really only been a week?

I absolutely love how slowly this week has past, it feels like we've been gone for ages! It's been wonderful. Alas, all wonderful holidays must come to an end.

Today we decided to skip the sunbathing in the park, and went for a walk around the outskirts of the town centre, to see the big snazzy buildings on the map. They sure were snazzy! They were Museums, Parliament buildings, Churches, and Cathedrals...and I think we bypassed (bipassed? by...passed?) the University. Oh well. It was a fun walk! We went inside one of the museums, the Leopold Museum, basically to get out of the sun for a bit. There was some pretty bizarre impressionist work, by some not as famous artists, compared to Klimt, that the creators of the museum felt deserved some recognition. Good times.

The first image above is of one of the churches from our walk, taken with the lensssssbabay. I love it. And the second, was from our evening walk in the park across the road, when I discovered my twin.

Right, we're watching Back to the Future (woop!), and then we need to pack our stuff up ready for tomorrow. Hopefully get a final top up tan in the park tomorrow morning before we head to the airport around noon. I hear it's cold and dull back home...where's my scarf?

No comments:

Post a Comment