Tuesday 10 May 2011

Day 130: The countryside's nae bad either...

I absolutely love love love the beach, that's for sure, but I also quite like living in the countryside. I've walked and driven past this view many times since moving to Westhill, and everytime I think it would be a lovely photo...but it wasn't until today that I actually stopped to take that photo.

It wasn't what I originally thought I'd photograph as I went for a wee drive after work. The clouds over Kingswells were incredible, super massive fluffy white candy floss shaped things that looked like they were about to just float down on top of you, and the sky was a yummy shade of light blue. So I thought I'd head out past all the yucky traffic and find a good spot for a photo...but by the time I got out of the yucky traffic those clouds had disappeared...and a mass of grey was threatening the sky instead. So I headed back to Westhill after a wee spin and no more inspirational sights, until I noticed that the sun was piercing through the clouds. I love it when that happens! And it was hitting this lovely scene perfectly. I pulled the car up on the pathway...ha, walked in to the field in my pretty sandals, and was rather pleased with the results.


Doesn't it make you want a wee walk in the country, and a picnic by the river, on a lovely summer afternoon?! And then a trip to the beach with a fish supper in the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment