Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 138: Back in the day

Mum planted this piddly lookin tree in the back garden the other year, and I was amazed the other week when I noticed how much it looked like an actual tree now. Good story, huh. Well, the best is yet to come... The other day I realised it was a BANANA tree! (Not actual bananas, by the way.)We used to have a tree like this in our front garden in Bishopbriggs, except it was massive, not piddly. When Mum planted this one, she probably told me the name of it...most likely it's proper name though, so I wouldn't have had a clue. So yeah, the other day when I noticed these big banana shaped flowers that had suddenly appeared I got very excited. And now every time I look in to the back garden it reminds me of when I was teeny tiny weegie.

No comments:

Post a Comment