Saturday 28 May 2011

Day 147: What's that you say?...

...don't get hay fever (some say it's the cold) when you've got to go on two flights to get home? Wise words indeed. The descent of both those flights was rather horrific, losing my hearing in both ears on the first, and then it clearing on the way up on the next flight, only to go again after some full on pain on the descent again. On the bright side, it's only in one ear.

So, we're home! After a rather fantastic week, it has to be said. We were rather sad to be leaving...but managed to squeeze in some last minute sunbathing in OUR park, behind the concert hall, under the dark clouds (Vienna's onset of depression due to our departure) before we got the taxi to the airport...
And once we boarded the flight from Vienna to Heathrow...Vienna's tears began to flow. It was an emotional time. But we were incredibly happy about how jammy we'd been with the FANTASTIC weather all week. Hahaha.

And once we got back to Aberdeen, despite only having hearing in one ear, and having been on planes/in an airport for the majority of the day, I decided to nip along to the ceilidh that was on at Church tonight. Woop woop! I would have been gutted to miss it, so I freshened up at home rather quickly and changed out of the clothes I'd worn on the plane...because I'd spilt tea all over my lap 10 minutes in to the Heathrow-Aberdeen flight. Ha. Oops. Hot. And jumped in to JD :) It was lovely to see him, we've never spent a whole week apart from each other. So I put Two Door Cinema Club up nice and loud (a bit louder than I usually would due to the partial deafness, and attempting to clear my hearing again...ha...probably more likely to damage the other one too), and we sang together, although I could hear me singing more than JD unfortunately due to being able to hear every single breath, word, chewI make right now.  I hope it's cleared by the time I wake up in the morning...and speaking of waking up, I should probably go to sleep so that I wake up on time to go collect my car buddies before our Church walk tomorrow afternoon. Woop woop!

It's 1am in Vienna...just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment