Tuesday 26 April 2011

Day 116: It's all coming together...

My backdrop stand arrived in the post today :D I've not had the chance to put it up yet, but hopefully tomorrow night I'll get a wee studio set up going on in the living room. I'm excited!! In the last few weeks I've photographed my first ever wedding, had my first ever unknown client, and my portable studio is expanding! I feel like the business is progressing nicely :) There's still SO much to do...I've not been to any of those Business Gateway workshops I talked about...oh my lifey, that was 4 months ago! Where has the time gone?! And have I really been blogging every day for 4 months?! You're not fed up yet? Good job. I'm impressed.

So anyway, I popped in to Dunhelm Mill tonight, to check out their fabrics. Exciting! I don't want to have crisp white backgrounds in my portraits, if I am in a situation where I can't be outside using natural light; I want something a bit more eye catching, and colourful! The background will be out of focus, and the pattern and colour will give the portraits more depth, and they'll be more yummy looking, hopefully.

So here's a few snaps of the fabric stacks in Dunhelm mill...lots of pretty spots to choose from...don't think clients'll be too keen on the teacups and cupcakes fabric...but that's just for me! Well, I haven't bought them yet, as I had 10 minutes till closing, and that definitely wasn't enough time for the amount of fabrics I wanted to buy!...oh, and you can't beat a wee drive by the beach after shopping...
JD loves a sunset...and I love JD. It's a shame that love doesn't extend to purchasing a bucket and sponge, and pulling the hoover out to the driveway. If only he could swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment