Monday 11 April 2011

Day 101: A Special Bench Monday

I know, technically that's a chair not a bench, but some people use washing machines, so it's fine. I had planned to use the bench I have at the side of the garden, and try to do some motion spinney photos with my floaty skirt, with the heart hanging on my washing line...But I'd never realised how much the hedge it's beside sticks out, therefore stopping all hope of someone standing on it, and spinning around...without getting multiple scratches, or losing your balance and falling on to the slippery slabs below(because it decided to rain as I went outside to do this). Neither of those things happened by the way. Came close to it though!

I attempted the spinning photos on the chair...multiple times. But my skirt's not puffy enough and my legs are too lanky tree trunk like for it to be pretty. So I just went for a skirt swish instead. This was no doubt great entertainment for anyone passing in a car, or bus, or walking their dog, or looking out their window. As my back garden is beside a road and slightly overlooked by a few houses. And when I stand on a chair in my back garden, I am most definitely visible to a large area of this side of town!

Anyway! Let's move on to the reason why I have 'Laura' written on a heart chalk board in my photo...it's because I went round to say a quick "See ya later" to my wonderful friend Laura tonight, before she heads home to Lewis tomorrow, and then off to NEW ZEALAND on Friday! She's studying Radiography and is going there on placement for a couple months. Incredible! It's going to be such an amazing adventure, and I'm super chuffed and proud of her for taking this opportunity. So Laura...Have fun! And I'll see you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment