Friday 15 July 2011

Day 196: An Excellent End to the Week

You'll need to click on the image to see it bigger, and fully appreciate the view! This is THEE hill you can see from our house. Dave, Ali, and myself were up at about half 9 tonight, with my tripod and camera bag. Prepared to take some beautiful photos. I didn't factor in how windy it would be up there, considering it was already pretty windy back at the house. So, I'm pretty chuffed with the results of this panoramic. I had Dave and Ali gripping the tripod to the ground, as firm as they could, and I was about to give you all the technical chat about the settings I used, but I think I'd just end up confusing a few folks. Ha. So, if you're interested, ask!

It's our last night in Keswick, so I thought a trip up the hill to see the view would be a perfect finish. And Keswick deserves this blog dedication; look at that view! I headed down beside the lake on my own after we got down the hill, and by that point it was about half 10...and rather dark, so I didn't walk as far as I planned. I just sat down on the nearest bench, and enjoyed my surroundings, in the dark. Ha. I'm not a huge fan of the dark, but I just couldn't bring myself to get back up. I love being by the water. It wasn't until the wind picked up quite a bit that I thought I should probably head back to the car.

Hope you've all had a good week! Happy Final Harry Potter Day! No idea when I'm gonna see it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment