Friday 8 July 2011

Day 189: Au Natural vs Photoshop

I've decided to talk BEFORE today's photo...even though when I post this you'll probably still see the photo before the text, but anyway. I'm actually slightly scared of today's photo! I decided to leave my hair to dry naturally this morning, with a bit of curling spray, but no hair dryer. And it made me think about that photo I took earlier on in the year, of me wearing make up etc, and just generally looking weird, and not my usual self. Ha.

So I thought I'd do the opposite of that today, and take a photo of ME, and not edit the photo in Photoshop at all, no sharpening, or brightening, or anything! But, then I started thinking about posting an edited photo beside it, showing what Photoshop can do...I've never really tried using the 'Liquify' tool before, and I have an action that you can use to soften people's skin, I've mentioned it before, but I hate using it photos. Today, I did it all!.

Now, before I post the photos, I'd like to say I only spent about 10 minutes on the after photo. I could have gone so much further with it, but what I've done in that space of time is pretty scary! And also, may I assure you, by no means do I wish my face actually looked like this.

What I've done to the after photo is - suck in my cheeks under my cheek bones just a little, pushed in the width of my face a bit, made me lips....bigger, and adjusted the shape of my upper lip, made the bridge of my nose a bitty slimmer, lifted my nose slightly...brightened my eyes, softened my skin...I think that's it. Oh and I removed the scar under my lip. It's nothing really.

So...there you have it. That's today's totally random photo! Now, I must go pack for yet another holiday. Feel free to share your thoughts on the above! Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment