Thursday 14 July 2011

Day 195: Experimenting With Sunset Silhouettes

Well, today's been a busy day! After a rather lazy morning, we packed the cars, and drove through the wonderful windy country roads of the Lake District. I love them! Ha. Made a pit stop at a waterfall, clambered around on the rocks there, taking photos from various locations, and giving an Englishman tips on photography! Then we headed off again, and had lunch on a secluded beach on the shores of Ulswater Lake, and did a spot of paddling/wading/swimming. And took more photos. Then we hit the road again, and went to a near by town, to get a steamer boat out on Ulswater Lake, more photos. I love me some boat banter! Theeeen, we headed home, fed and bathed Fin, went out again to get Fish Suppers, and enjoyed them beside Derwentwater. More photos. Then we headed back to the waterfall Dave, Ali, and myself visited on Sunday night, to take more photos, in the lighter evening light. But my photos aren't really much better as it's been so incredibly dry, and sunny, and warm, this week, that the waterfall had dried up a bit.

Oh, and I missed out the part that involves today's chosen photos. Totally did that on purpose...

Before heading to the waterfall, I wanted to try taking some fun silhouette photos of the Morrison family on a grassy hill beside the lake, in the sunset. Needs a bit of work, but it's something I've wanted to try for a while, so I'm glad I've tried it now at least. I couldn't choose between these 3, so I decided to just put them all on, in storyboard styley. The one in the middle is the look I was going for, proper silhouette, but next time I'll need to get the subjects positioned somewhere that there's not anything behind them, so I can see their full silhouette. Did that make sense? Anyway, I need to get to bed. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment