Monday 25 March 2013

83/365

So...another Youth Conference has been and gone...I can't quite believe it! I'm pretty sure they go by quicker and quicker each year...

It's wonderful to see so many students and young workers coming together from all areas of the country, for a weekend of fellowship, learning more about Christ, reminding ourselves of simple truths that we so easily let slip from our minds, and encouraging one another, ready to get back in to the world as strengthened followers of Jesus.

The singing throughout the weekend, whether it was during our main meetings, or at 1:30am, brought many smiles to my face, it was such a beautiful sound!

Our topic for the weekend was 21st Century God, and we had Alasdair Macleod from Lochbroom Free Church up North leading us through this over the weekend, looking at how God is the same now as he was in the times of the Old Testament, abounding in mercy and grace, which we are so undeserving of. We also had a variety of seminars to go to on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, covering a range of topics, practical and theological, each one providing us with something to think about and apply to our daily lives. I could say so much more...if you'd like to hear more about it, get in touch!

Not only am I still on the committee, I crazily agreed to be Convener for the 2014 Youth Conference! I'm really looking forward to organising it over the next year with my wonderful committee :) Wondering if it's too soon to set a date for our first meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment