Thursday 21 March 2013

78/365

I spotted this little guy out the kitchen window, while making my first cup of tea of the day, so I decided to run and get my camera and my 70-200mm lens to get a few shots. He's pretty much lost in the bushes in this shot, so, as I made and ate my breakfast, and then started to catch up on the last few days of my Bible in One Year, I sat on top of the breakfast bar, hoping that he would fly on to the washing line beside the bush as it would create a far better portrait! I even got a wee tub, put some berries in it and pegged it to the line, hoping that would draw him in...but it wasn't long before I got uncomfortable and moved to a nice squishy armchair to continue my reading, knowing that the chances of him perching on the line were slim.

I almost used a photo of just the washing line as my photo for today, as the depth of the image is just so much nicer! That very same hedge doesn't look so harsh and tangled, it's all blurred out creating a beautiful background, and the falling snow added to the bokeh very nicely! Oh why, oh why, little birdy, didn't you perch on the line?! It would have been magnificent.

Oh well. The distinct red breast of the robin amongst the abstract pattern of the hedge branches works too I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment