Saturday 2 March 2013

61/365

This morning I was in Luss on Loch Lomond to meet Tom and Eileen for their engagement shoot, and it couldn't have been more perfect! The forecast I'd been checking the last few days had said cloud, then fog, then mist throughout the morning when our shoot was planned, so when I was cruising up the west coast of Loch Lomond and the sun was beating down on the mountains I couldn't believe it! It was beautiful :)

I was about to say this was the first time I had met Eileen and Tom, but while I was up in Lewis the other week my Granny's cousin informed me that Eileen is her niece, and we actually played together when we were little. Don't you just love Lewis connections! Haha. But this was the first time I had met them as my clients :) We enjoyed walking, chatting and laughing with each other for about 40 minutes before we started taking pretty pictures, and then we were laughing even more. It was so much fun hanging out with Eileen and Tom :) I can't wait to get started on their photos next week, and I'm super excited for their big day in exactly 5 months!

After we parted ways I popped in to Cameron House and took the above photo of Ben Lomond, which is the hill Janice Berry and Alexander Stewart, along with other students from Glasgow, walked up at midnight, over 30 years ago, to watch the sunrise. It's on that walk that their "courtship" began, a few years later they were married and quite a few years later, after having 3 other children, they welcomed a cute, fat and hairy baby girl called Catriona in to the world. Nice wee story don't you think?

I also headed up the east coast of Loch Lomond to check out the location of one of my July wedding's, and by chance, found myself on the road to the beach that we used to go to as a family when I was little :)

A pretty fantastic day, I'd say!

2 comments:

  1. why dont you post a picture of the couple?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    I've just posted a picture of the couple on my Facebook page :)

    Will hopefully be doing a blog post of their photos in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete