Friday 7 January 2011

A short visit to Crathes Castle

I've been wanting to photograph the pond area at the entrance to Crathes Castle for quite a while now, and I managed to pop in for 10 minutes on the way out to Banchory last Friday. The light wasn't what I'd hoped for, it was too late in the day, but I decided to get a few defrosting winter photos. I didn't take any proper snow pictures over Christmas!  

Ok so, enough chit chatter. Here are the photies! 

I took this photo without a tripod, because I no longer own one! I wanted to use a longer shutter speed for some pretty water movement, but this was as good as my wobbly crouch stance could manage.



I used my 50mm 1.8 lens for the next 3 photos. The first one is with my 28-135mm 3.5/5.6 lens.


I quite like this next one, the light on the leaves is niiice, and it's all yummy and crisp lookin'. At least, I think so anyway.


Mmmm, look at that cute little leaf! Don't you just love the detail in it? God creates wonderful things!



Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice pictures Catriona! Love the long exposres capturing the motion of the water.

    ReplyDelete