Monday 31 January 2011

Day 31: What a day!

Guess what...I'm not on Reception anymore! Yahoo! Yipee! Woop Woop! Hooray! Fantabbydooo! It's amazing :D So today, a Monday, not only did I manage to get the 7:40am bus to work, but when I arrived I got to walk past the reception desk with a big smile on my face, and head up to MY desk (after making a cup of tea of course).

That was a wonderful start to my day. There were some minor mishaps which dampened my cheeriness in the afternoon, but the fact that I was going to the cinema in the Evening and then getting Chinese kept me in high spirits! And then when the end of the working day grew nearer, and the sun got lower...the clouds became Amazing! So I got up from my desk to take a photo out the window, to which my boss, who was in the room to discuss something at the time, said "If you're gonna take a photo then you should be up high to make the most of it! Go out to the patio upstairs!" So, I did. Haha. And a quick few minutes getting chilly out on the roof top of the Rotech offices produced this photo to round up the first month of my 365 project (I did it! I did it!)

I'm definitely starting office BBQ's on the patio at lunchtimes this summer! Haha. And I'm looking forward to the sun setting later on in the day, when I'm home from work, and can chase it to a pretty location for some better prepared photos :)

Now then, on to The King's Speech. AMAZING. I loved it. I want the set of the speech therapists office. What an excellent place to take photos! If that was my studio I'd be a very happy lady...maybe one day. And whoever chose the compositions for camera was a genius. And whoever came up with the script was also a genius. It was just such a good film! Colin Firth is an incredible actor, but his talent is shown 100% in this film. If that makes sense...ha. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't enjoy it, may find it boring...but we just won't talk to them! I was almost in tears towards the end. Ahmazing.

Ok, so...that's one month down...11 to go! Thank you very much to the people who are die hard fans (of the blog, not Bruce Willis...but good for you if you are!), and have been reading every day. Please keep commenting and complimenting it so that I will continue throughout the year :D Haha.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. well done completing a month Catriona! I've been following your blog - please keep it up! I'm just fascinated by the wonderful photos you take; it's an incredible skill. You can even make Altens look pretty...not an easy task. I'm looking forward to your springtime snaps :) hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete