Tuesday 18 January 2011

Day 18: Gettin down to business...

...great title, I know. My new business cards and advertising postcards arrived today. Aaaaagh!! I designed them myself...so they're by no means Graphic Design Perfection. But I think they suit ME. When I took them out the box I wasn't 100% happy with them. I knew the edges were gonna end up being an issue, because I had to be silly and put a funny border on them...and Vistaprint aren't very exact about where they're going to trim the business cards...so I tried to leave a plain white border round the outside of my actual design. And surprise surprise, a couple edges on one side have white borders and on the other side my border has been almost completely hacked off. HA. But after a second look a couple hours later...I like them. It's rather exciting. And terrifying at the same time.

As many of you know, I think too much. I over think almost everything. And starting up my business is far from an exception to that issue. I've held myself back for months because I feel like I have to have everything perfect before I can actually start...but I can't perfect things...until I start...I go round in circles. And things are in fact never going to be perfect anyway!

Pricing things is my biggest issue...I'd love to just photograph people, and not charge them...Ha. But sadly, that's not realistic. I'd need to be married to a very rich man...and Bruce Willis isn't available. So I need to just be brutal, set myself the deadline of having my various portrait package prices laid out by the end of January, and if I don't do it then tell Mum to take away my teabags.

Ok so...*drum roll*...here are my new business cards and ad postcards...

Please don't point out any typos, or tell me they're rubbish...I'm quite sensitive now that there's the fear of being deprived of tea...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Catriona! I look forward to popping a card in my purce when I see you next :)....Which i hope is soon! xxx

    (Its Ginger btw, Still cant figure this thing out to say my name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love them Trina .... brilliant times :) (p.s love the catchy title of this blog ;p) xxlaura

    ReplyDelete