Sunday 10 February 2013

31/365

So this was the night I arrived in Lewis :) I went straight from the Ferry to Tesco to stock up on food for the week, then headed to what is pretty much my second home. Every time I walk through the front door, I breathe in through my nose and do a little dance inside (and occasionally do an actual dance too) because the smell brings back so many memories and simply makes me feel happy. Very happy. Some people find this weird, because they think it just smells like a dusty old house, that lies dormant for months. I don't smell that.

Once I whipped together some much needed grub, I sat down in the living room, which is filled with photos, much like the other rooms in the house. I love it! There are professional photos of my Dad and his brothers when they were teenagers, all wearing tank tops over their shirts...definitely deserves a 'lol', photos of my parents at their wedding, and my uncles at theirs, photos of my grandparents at their wedding and their parents at their weddings. These in particular are amazing to look at as they are so old! VERY different from the photos I take at Weddings these days. Thankfully camera technology has advanced, and people have learnt to smile. And a lot of snap shots of us all throughout the years.

The photograph shown above is my family at my aunt and uncles wedding, almost 23 years ago now, taken outside Kings College Chapel in Aberdeen. Safe in Daddy's arms :)

I may have had to sleep with an electric blanket under me, and a blanket, a duvet, and another blanket on top of me, and a hat on my head for part of one night, but I love being in that house, surrounded by memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment