Saturday 23 February 2013

53/365

A Scottish lassie sits down at a table with an American, a Belgian and a Frenchman...you'd think that was the start of some hilarious joke, but that was actually just me sitting down for dinner last night.

I was invited to join the three PhD students for dinner at Aberdeen's new Jamie's Italian. It's safe to say I felt a little nervous beforehand about my abilities to participate in the intellectual conversation... However, we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening, chatting, laughing, and enjoying yummy food! Despite the intrusion of the rather large lamp on our table (see above).

I absolutely loved the look of the restaurant, it had a cosy rustic, yet modern and sophisticated, feel to it; beautiful wooden floors, shelves, picture frames, tables and chairs, contrasted with metal tables and coloured chairs, Jamie's goodies lining the shelves, funky lights, big chunks of ham hanging in the kitchen, and some of the coolest bathroom fixtures ever...to mention just a few features.

Looking forward to going back again! Thank you for a lovely evening guys :) 

(Cassia's not going to be happy about my choice of photo...but it's fitting that she's too busy talking to pay attention to my camera...love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment