Sunday 10 February 2013

32/365

On Friday night I went along to a Quiz Night with a couple friends which was to raise money for an incredible challenge! One man from the island is planning to row from New York...to Stornoway...to raise money for the charity SAMH, check out his website here for more details, and how you can donate if you feel you wish to do so! You can see the boat he'll be rowing, and living in for 3 months, all by himself! But it's all good, turns out he can watch movies on his laptop, and the boat has an inbuilt sound system, so he could totally party with the whales!

It was a great night, with 27 different teams taking part, our team coming somewhere in the middle of all that, and a pretty amazing selection of raffle prizes to win...there was only one of which I particularly wanted though; surfing lesson for 2 people! Amazing. It was the first prize in the draw, and my friend Alasdair won it! He then proceeded to ask his girlfriend, my lovely friend Laura, if she'd like to go with him. Safe to say I wasn't chuffed. Think I'll dress up as a shark that day and have some fun in the water...


...I love you guys really!

No comments:

Post a Comment