Sunday 10 February 2013

37/365

I must confess I wasn't thrilled to be leaving the island on Thursday. I loved having the house to myself for the week, seeing the sea out the window, and just being on the island in general. What made everything a little bit better was being third off the ferry when we reached Ullapool!!! So.Exciting. Usually I'm stuck behind a convoy of traffic for an hour, hoping that there aren't any cars coming on the long stretches of road so I can slowly make my way to the front of the convoy, and because of that I planned to get fish n' chips in Ullapool before heading off, that way I'd hopefully have an open road ahead. But then I realised I was going to be THIRD.OFF.THE.FERRY. Overtaking an estate and an oil tanker would be easy.

I didn't get fish n' chips until I reached home 3 hours later, instead I finished the remains of a tub of pringles and got a bottle of water and a Wispa when I refuelled in Inverness (you can see in the photo I was running pretty low...).

P.S. This photo is also HDR, looks alright apart from the flames coming out the back of the estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment