Saturday 26 February 2011

Day 57: First time swimming with Fin!

I think today's post can just be short and sweet :) It's not often I manage to say few words though, so we'll see what happens!

I woke up at 9:39am (don't worry, I'm not gonna give you a full timetable of my day) to the sound of my phone receiving a text message. It was Sarah. She had told me on Friday night that they were thinking of going swimming this morning and they'd let me know in the morning. So this was her saying they were just leaving and they'd meet me at the Beach Leisure centre at 10:15...I replied with something along the lines of "I'm still in bed...ha. I'll see you then though!" And I'm impressed with the fact that I managed to get up and ready, and to the beach by 10:25. If I hadn't happened to join the dual carriageway just behind a wide load convoy I would've got there quicker!

I've not been swimming for ages, and to be fair I didn't really do any swimming as the place was crawling with parents and babies with flapping arms and fluorescent armbands. I was loving being at the pool with Fin, and I look forward to when he actually knows what's going on! Ha. He'll be my beach buddy in no time at all.

We went to Jimmy Chung's for lunch...and breakfast since I didn't manage to squeeze that in before heading out...including a cuppa tea as I was getting withdrawals by about 1pm. Ha. We ate a lot. Fin slept a lot. And then he enjoyed some fruit, and stuck his hand in some jelly. And here he is staring Dave out for stealing his jelly...


I almost took out a few football fans on the way home. Unfortunately it was only an "almost".

No comments:

Post a Comment