Wednesday 23 February 2011

Day 54: I almost just used someone elses texture!

So...today's been a weird day...I don't really know what to say. Ha. I had the group mentoring session last night, meant to run from 1-4am, but it went an hour over time...so Catriona Stewart was up till after 5am, on a week night no less...madness...here's what my set up was like last night...and some proof that I was awake!


Ok, I was about to upload my blog photo for the day...an hour ago...I had tried out one of the textures I bought a couple weeks ago, and I really liked the way it looked on my photo and was so so close to just posting the image on the blog. But then I was like "No...go try making your own one!!" The texture had old fashioned writing on it, with a very yummy vintage look to it. My writing is no where near pretty enough for something like that...but my Dad's was! So I asked Mum if she had any of his letters close to hand...but I didn't really want to use her personal letters from Dad which he wrote to her waaaaay back in the day. She disappeared off upstairs...and came down 5 minutes later with his notes for Prayer Meetings he used to take at Fearn Free Church when we lived up north...and he apparently reused some of them at Tain, Brora, and Bon Accord...he wrote down what dates he'd used them on. Genius! Haha. So I had a look through them to see if the way he'd written out the paragraphs etc. would work...and on a side note, it was amazing reading his words about scripture. I'm gonna have to have a proper look through them at some point!

So anyway, I scanned one of them on to the laptop, and took the file on to photoshop to play around with it...put it on top of a picture I took of our kitchen cupboards. And voila!! I was super excited to have managed to make my own vintage writing texture. Haha. Like REALLY excited...it was quite sad. I'm gonna post up both versions of the photo to show you all though...

The first one has Jessica Drossin's texture on it, and the second one is mine. It's not quite perfect...but having made it within about 10/15 minutes it's nae bad like!

You can see Dad's underlined parts of sentences etc. and he's noted down certain verses from the passage he was doing the prayer meeting on...which was Habbakkuk 1 for those of you who are wondering. Ha. He was looking at the questions in vs13, which ask God how he can"tollerate the treacherous". I want to write more about it but I was so looking forward to being in bed by 9pm at the latest after last night's super late night. So I'll just have to leave it there! Maybe I'll come back to it another night...cause I'm certainly loving the chance to see what my Dad's thoughts were on these big life questions!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment