Saturday 5 February 2011

Day 36: Westhill Heights

This project is quite challenging. It's only day 36, and I keep worrying I'm getting a little dull already. I have no idea how you're all going to be feeling around day 136...if I last that long. Which I really hope I do! Because it's challenging in a good way. Everyday I think "Ok...need to take a photo for the blog...what's it gonna be?!" and today, it made me get out of the house and go for a walk. Impressive. I used to have to walk quite a lot back when I was at college...and back before I got my driving license...ha. But I'm not fat just yet, as people thought I would be! Haha. And since the sun was shining, and I hadn't been out of the house since Thursday night, I thought it was a good idea.

I decided to head up the hill...to the west...to Westhill Heights, and see if there was a decent view for a photo. And I've choosen to use a photo I took on the way, at the top of my hill, which isn't as high as the hill to the west of my hill...And now that you're all sufficiently confused here it is.
There are a lot of houses just under where I've positioned the shot, I didn't really think they'd add any beauty to the photo so I've gone for more of a skyscape than a landscape. Neither of which are my strong points! But there you go. I like it, cause it's got blue in it.

I was told yesterday that I talk to much...apologies. But this post aint over yet! Feel free to go make yourself a cuppa...bake a cake...have a nap, or just keep reading.

I'd been up to Westhill Heights years ago during a wee drive in the car, and I knew it was where the golf club was, but I was in complete shock at the number of massive houses, and flash cars up there too. I'm pretty sure one garage I saw was the same size as my house, and that's not exaggeration. If I wasn't scared of looking like a stalker and being arrested, I'd have taken a photo to show you! It was crazy. And it's sad to admit, but, it made me want to play the Sims and built big fancy houses...ha...I'm cool, I know. I noticed a road called "Loch View", so had a wee walk along there, but I think a more appropriate name would be "Yet More Stewart Milne Homes Taking Up Pretty Countryside View"...
Probably too long to fit on an envelope though...har har har. You can see a thin sliver of the loch just beyond the houses. I want a loch...I'll put one beside my mansion on the Sims. It's safe to say I didn't spend too long up at Westhill Heights, it's a dead end road, and I probably looked a little lost.

On the way back home I started thinking about how we've been in Westhill for over 4 and a half years now, but often when I'm out walking somewhere I still feel like it's not...my town, so to speak. Probably because I never went to the schools here...who knows. I feel at home in our house though, don't get me wrong. When we first started talking about moving away from Tough, where we used to live, I was a bit unsure. It was the place I'd lived for the majority of my life, and there was also the fact that we had memories of Dad in that house, and we wouldn't in a new house. But, it's not like those memories were gonna be left behind once we moved. And in the end, the first night we spent in this house, I already felt at home! It was weird. Perhaps it was because Sarah and I were having a great time climbing through the hatch from the kitchen to the living room...and sitting at the breakfast bar. Ha. And although Dad has never been in this house, we've got memories of him everywhere.

Plus, getting to the shops is so much quicker from here than Tough! Haha. And it's also great being in walking distance of some very good friends who lived in the area beforehand. So I should really get over my feeling of being a stranger to the area. The people in the Chinese probably have a photo of me on the wall now...Ha.

Ok, officially spoken WAY too much. Have a good night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I am LOVING this post! Mainly because I live in westhill too and its very Westhill orrientated!

    At this time of year the sun is usualy setting just as i leave work, and i drive towards it on my way home (if you get me) so i quite often get home and grab my camera and scoot up to Westhill Heights to take a few snaps!

    And imagine if you did go to Westhill Academy?! We might have been buddys sooner than we were!

    You have a good evening too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, you were in my thoughts as I was writing this, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who said you talk too much? They don't have to read it if they don't want to, but I like it! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete