Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 53: Aaaaand relaaax...But don't fall asleep!

Hello Everyone :) I am so incredibly relaxed...it's amazing! And the cause of this is a visit to the Abzolute beauty spa this evening with the wonderful Laura Nicolson. "Spa?!!" I hear you say...when I was complaining not more than a week ago about 'Girly Nights'...well, I wasn't getting my nails done. I was using their hot tub!!! Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. If I can't have a boat, I'll have a hot tub please. My sister got a voucher for the hot tub when it first opened a couple years ago, and highly recommended it...this is me only just trying it out, and I think I'll be going back every couple weeks from now on!! You get the hot tub for half an hour or an hour, in a room, with a sofa, and a DVD PLAYER! And they make you TEA!!! Or you can get hot chocolate...or champagne. It was Amazing. And Laura's reaction made it SO much better! Once the spa girly had left us to go make our tea and hot chocolate, Laura started jumping up and down with a massive grin on her face going "Eeeeeeeee!!!" I love it. The reason we were there was to help her destress, and me too, but I was just super chuffed that she was so excited! And boy oh boy was it relaxing.


Time for todays photos...of course they're gonna be from the hot tub. Laura was warned...haha. They're a bit steamy...as in the lens is slightly steamed up in some...apologies...
 Doesn't it look amazing!! Notice our empty teacups. Yum. And here's a super cheesy one of the two of us...done using a timer...highly against Health and Safety regulations no doubt, but also highly amusing. I managed not to slip in the process...
D'you like my popeye arm? It's quite nice huh? Here are a few more photos which show the major excitement of Laura on arrival...me enjoying my tea...and Laura approving of the hot tub...

Good times. Ok, no more photos! It was very difficult saying goodbye to the hot tub, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing it again soon. And we'll have more time in it next time because we'll know how to get there! The spa is in Bridge of Don, and I was planning on going via King St. but I checked Google maps and decided to take the route it suggested...however, it turned out that route required a special pass card swipe thingy to get down a road being blocked by bollards. FAIL. We were about to turn back and go a different way when we saw a guy flapping something beside a sensor, assuming it just required motion of some sorts we headed over again...and began to flap our arms...then TWO CARS came up behind JD...and a girl got out...and waved her special pass so we could get through...funny times. So we won't be going that way next time!

I love how relaxed I feel!! The only downside is...I can't go to my bed! Some of you may remember that I won a group mentoring session with an American photographer at Christmas, a very exciting prize. 3 hours of learning how she does her editing process on her photos! Well, that session is tonight!! I can't believe 2 months have passed. However, the sessions starts at 6pm...her time...which is 1am my time...and as many of you know, I'm usually fast asleep at that time! But it was just far too good to pass up. So after the hot tub, I popped in to Tesco to buy some munchies to keep me going...I've not started on them yet...thankfully this blog post takes up a fair chunk of my time! I may not even need to have a nap beforehand...only one and a half hours to go! And then I really really hope that I am excited enough to last till 4am. If anyone wants to stay up and ring me every 15 minutes to wake me up that would be great. I'm started to blurt out sentences without a proper structure or point now...signs of the late hour...oh dear. Some of you may wish to come over and witness my state of mind at 4am...it's been a while since I've done an allnighter, so who knows what I'll be like! Obviously I'm not going to work tomorrow, that would be madness. I'm working on Thursday instead...so I can sleep...till who knows when!

Ok, I'm really just talking nonsense now, so I'll stop...I'll leave you with some photos of Sew Hip magazine which I bought in Hobby Craft this arvo before heading to Laura's...did I mention MY PHOTOS ARE IN A MAGAZINE!? Haha. How amazing is my sister...getting multiple patterns in to a magazine and enabling me to be so lucky...

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Crikey, 4am??
    How did you manage?
    Was it worth it though??
    Sounds like it would have been great!

    ReplyDelete