Sunday 13 February 2011

Day 44: Lighting kit trial run

So my lighting kit was one of the goodies I received on Wednesday, but today was the first chance I got to set up and try it out! And my usual models went somewhere else for lunch, so I had to be photographer AND model. Well, that's not technically true...I could've tried forcing Mum or Richard to pose for me...but I think it was better using myself. Focusing on something that isn't there is an issue though. Thankfully I have long arms and was able to place my hand roughly where my head was gonna go and try get the auto focus to focus on that...yeah. Worked a few times.

I decided to set it all up in my bombsite of a bedroom, because I like my wallpaper :) But I'm pretty sure I broke A LOT of health and safety rules...here's a snapshot of the models view...the camera was placed on top of the tripod in front of the light on the left...very professional...



As you can see...not very safety conscious set up...but I was absolutely loving my lighting kit! And it's so easy to set up, and then fitting everything back in the carry case is soooooo much easier than the ones we had at college. I love it!

Ok, it's late! Time for the photo...there was no way I was gonna start editing anything on photoshop so the photo is SOOC (straight out of camera...or seriously orrible of Catriona...) And I look like I have really bad posture...or a hunchback...because I was crouching forward to be in shot!

On a random note, I got told my earrings looked like hubcaps tonight...I can kinda see it...if it was for the Queen's royal automobile! Ha. Good story. Hope you've all had a good weekend :) I'm looking forward to having an extra 30 minutes to get ready for work in the morning now that I don't have to get the bus!

1 comment:

  1. Lighting kit looks wonderful and so do you! Can't wait to test it on Fin, ha ha. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete