Saturday 12 February 2011

Day 43: Portobello Beach

Today was the day of the final committee meeting for this years Youth Conference. Which is crazy! Feels like it was just the other week when we were at our last meeting in October and I was thinking "February 2011...that's a long way away..." ...or not! So, since I was going down to Edinburgh for that, Mum arranged to meet the grandparents for the day. However...thanks to being a woman, I wasn't feeling very well at all on the way down the road, and decided I wasn't going to manage to attend the meeting...but because the grandparents were already on route from Glasgow we couldn't just turn around and head home again. So we picked them up from the Bus Station, and headed for Portobello where Mum had discovered a lovely beachfront cafe last night, thanks to Google. I was tempted to stay in the car, but a walk and a cuppa are known to help these things. Well ok, walking is, but the cuppa was just added by personal preference! It was really nice seeing the oldies for the afternoon. My Grampa never fails to make me chuckle. He doesn't like me slyly taking his picture though sadly. And I'd never been down to Portobello, I'd always wondered whether Edinburgh had a decent stretch of nice beach...apparently so! And there's a sailing/kayak club thingy...although it wasn't exactly tropical today, I'm sure it looks lovely in summer. There are also some cute gates in front of fancy houses on the beachfront, which I obviously had to photograph...and have as my photo of the day since I couldn't get a photo of Gramps.

We had to take G&G back to the bus station in town, and parked in one of Edinburghs seriously expensive car parks, as Mum wanted to go get another cuppa before they got their bus...but Grampa was more interested in visiting Poundland. So Mum and I went for a super slow wander, and I decided I wanted to go check out the wonderful Harvey Nichols...and their cupcakes. Boy was that an experience. After purchasing my not overly expensive cupcake we headed back downstairs, and I spotted a dress that could be a potential for one of the weddings I'm attending this year (3 so far...two of which I'm the photographer though...eek!), but I was incredibly naive about the price of clothes in that place...the dress was more expensive than my studio lighting kit!! £1105 to be exact. And the one next to it was £1425 or something like that...I went to take a photo of the price tag for my sister, when I realised I was getting in the way of someone else wanting to look at the dress...I hope they were as naive as me and weren't actually seriously interested in buying it.

On the upside...I don't think Topshop's that expensive anymore :)

Right, off to refill my hot water bottle, and then go to bed! Although...Batman Begins is on the telly at the moment...tempting...no, bed time! Here's today's photo(s) :)

 I have to admit my Harvey Nics cupcake was really rather yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment