Thursday 17 February 2011

Day 47: Trying another new movie

I borrowed this film from the mighty collection that my cousins have. I didn't see it at the cinema, because I wasn't too bothered about it, I didn't know what it was about...just that it had yummy man in it....but when I saw that my cousins had it on DVD I just couldn't resist Robert Pattinson's yummy stubble. And I know for sure at least a couple people who are gonna call me a loser for finding Robert Pattinson attractive. But come on, look at that stubble! Mmmm.

After watching it this evening while Mother was out, I can say it's not quite my new favourite movie, but it was pretty darn good. It's a very intense storyline, all about figuring your life out, dealing with loss, and learning how to love...with a New York grungey feel! And I'll admit that the ending made me cry. If you plan on watching it, and don't want me to ruin the ending for you then skip the rest of this paragraph...or the rest of this post! Patty is in his Dad's office waiting for him, and then the scene changes to his sister at school and the teacher has written the date on the blackboard...Tuesday September 11th 2001. Then it goes back to Patty, looking out the office window...the camera pans out away from the building, and you realise the office is in one of the Twin Towers...that's when it clicked. And that's when my heart began to get all tight. The film really makes you connect with the tragedy of the 9/11 attack, after going through the storyline and getting to know the characters, it feels real. It was real. To many people. And I know that watching a film about it is nothing compared to actually experiencing it, but it certainly does help those of us who watched on the news and were shocked by the disaster but were perhaps, can I say, not really affected by it. D'you know what I mean? Or do I just sound silly?

I remember walking in to the living room of our old house and seeing it on the news. I was totally shocked, and disgusted that such a thing could happen. But I didn't realise straight away, the significance of the date on the blackboard in the movie, because the year 2001 was the year my Dad passed away. So any time 9/11 2001 is mentioned, my thoughts bypass it and go to the that which had a major impact on my life just 3 weeks beforehand...but I need to remember this disaster affected the lives of so many others in a similar way to me, and they deserve my thoughts too. This movie helped me realise that.

That was another deep blog post...I'm now watching CSI for some more light hearted evening entertainment. I hope you're all having a good week so far! Feel free to fill me in on your banter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment