Monday 21 November 2011

Day 325: Rather Rushed Bench Monday

9:30 to 12:40 - Business Start Up Awareness workshop
12:40 to 13:30 - Buy lunch, drive to beach, take a quick Bench Monday photo and try not fall off the wooden thingy, drive to work.
13:45 to 17:00 - Work...involving a bit of reception cover...woop.
17:00 to 18:00 - Drive back down to Business Gateway, nip to Starbucks for decaf Mocha, and listen to bloke telling chick he's planning on buying some girl a "£400 pair of shoes for Christmas, and a few other wee things...so probably spend about £500..." Some people are CreyC.
18 to 20:40 - Business Plan workshop. This workshop was timetabled to finish at half 9, but I was very thankful it finished early, so I could get home for some foooood.
So, it was a bit of a long day! But actually, it didn't feel too long in the slightest. These workshops have been great! It's been really good being around people who are in the same position as I am with business stuff, and some are even more clueless than me! And I feel like the interaction during the workshops is improving my communication skills and confidence for sure. Happy days!

Not a shabby Monday I'd say. The highlight was probably when the only guy at tonight's workshop, a short haired, butch lookin bloke in a t-shirt, joggers and trainers similar to a pair my Dad had, informed us all that he works in Oil & Gas, but has never liked it, and would like to open up a men's designer wear shop. I wish him all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment