Wednesday 2 November 2011

Day 306: Mouldy Apple?

When I got home from Neighbourhood Fellowship tonight, having yet to take today's blog photo, I had a craving to photograph something on our wooden floor...but what? A teacup? No...try thinking outside the box for a change. Ha.

So, instead I picked up a mouldy apple! And went to look for a pretty ornate plate to place it on. I spent a few minutes placing the still life, lying on my belly on the kitchen floor and getting the focus exactly how I wanted.

But I went on to spend over an hour fiddling around with the photo of Photoshop! I was watching CSI Miami at the same time mind you...but anyway. I couldn't get the colour tones the way I wanted, since it was a bit of a mixture of colours, and the lighting was rather full on and fluorescent, due to our new 'flood lit football pitch' style kitchen. So in the end I just had to stop myself from flicking back and forth between settings...it's just a mouldy apple after all!

It's not actually mouldy...just a little squishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment