Friday 18 November 2011

Day 322: Aberdeen Fae Torry

I need to take a photo of Aberdeen for the church website. The one I've given them to use at the moment is lovely but too agricultural for a city church. Sadly. So, before heading home after a lovely afternoon with Lynsey and her wee girlies, I crossed the bridge to Torry and headed up the hill to try out the vantage point for photos.

I love that I've gotten some of the sea in the shot (shockerooney!), but unfortunately it's just not gonna fit with the church logo over it. It doesn't stand out enough over the buildings, and if I crop it to the similar format as the landscape shot, with lots of sky, then you don't really get much impact from the buildings as they're not getting enough light...fail.

I think I'll scrap my harbour view idea and find somewhere that has a good view straight across the tops of the buildings in the centre of town me thinks. This shot might work from a lower view too though...maybe I'll go back and try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment