Thursday 1 December 2011

Day 335: Even Frosty Windows Are Beautiful!

I think it's very true what they say, about being able to find beauty in anything, because this is what I was greeted by when I climbed in to my car this morning. I didn't want to get the deicer! But, sadly, it was necessary for me to be able to get in to town for my business workshop...unless I drove like a dog; with me head out the window. But I don't think that would've gone down too well.

I had two more business workshops at Business Gateway today. Finances in the morning, from 9:30 till 1, and it was really good! I learnt more about profit and loss, cashflow and balance sheets. I've encountered these once or twice in my years at Rotech, but never really worked on them in depth, and during the workshop we had to do a couple wee exercises on them, it was great getting my brain working!

I then went to Markies and bought some lunch, which I ate in Starbucks with my delicious decaf mocha (with whipped cream, of course!!), and prepared myself for spending the next 5 hours shopping for Christmas presents! It was a rather successful afternoon in the end; I got Finlay's presents, part of Sarah's present, Richard's present, and a pass the parcel prize for my Sunday School classes Christmas party :) Oh, and a couple dresses for me...haaaa.

And then, despite being close to collapsing in a heap 4 hours in to my shopping, I attended the second workshop on "The Psychology of Selling" from 6:30-9:45. It was excellent!! I feel so much more motivated and confident to get myself going, and no doubt this will drain away in a couple days, but I've got all the power point slides to look over every day! And, I need to remember not to dwell on the negative thoughts, and focus on what I want, as what you dwell on, grows! Now, I know my Mother tells me this all the time, about not dwelling on the negatives, so it's sometimes true when they say "Always listen to your Mother"...but a lot of the time she just talks nonsense. Hi Mum! :)

I think it's been a pretty darn successful day! And when I got home I discovered a couple more of the Christmas presents I ordered on Saturday have arrived. Eek! I'm gonna need to get the Christmas tree up! Maybe I'll some spare time tomorrow before I go away...ho ho ho.

1 comment: