Friday 16 December 2011

Day 350: The Journey Home

I'm hoooome, can't say I'm thrilled! But, I've got my glass of red kola beside me, I'm off to a ceilidh tonight, and I found out on the way home that I've got a new cousin :) So the day ain't that bad. I stopped 7 times on my way back to Inverness after getting off the ferry this morning, they weren't long stops, only added about an hour on to my journey, and it meant I wasn't stuck in a convoy of ferry traffic! So with that, and my incredibly amazing singing along to the radio, the drive was thoroughly enjoyable!

I've decided to post a photo from each stop I made. They all generally involve water...hills...snow...trees...snow...hills...ha. I pulled over within about 20 seconds of getting off the ferry cause the sunrise was lovely and the water was yummy, and I want a boat.
 And then I decided to pull over when I saw this view...about 5 minutes along the road...
 And theeeeen when I reached the snow peaked hills I couldn't resist pulling over again...
 And of course when I reached the dam I had to get try out some more another snowy peaks photo, with water added to the mix!
And then I was noticing these beautifully frosty trees, so I pulled in to the Rogie Falls car park...and walked back along the road to get this shot down over the valley. It was only about a minutes walk, nothing crazy!
And then I was loving the sun still just peaking over the hills in the distance at this point in the journey, it was lighting the fields very niiicely, and the fields were getting quite misty too, but you can't really see it in this photo...
...in this next photo however, which was taken a couple miles later, the mist was CreyC so I just had to pull over again, and you can definitely see it this time...
So yeah, those are my happy snaps from my journey home :) Now...the ceilidh starts in 15 minutes...so I should be leaving...but I'm still in my joggers! So better go get ready. Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment