Monday 26 December 2011

Day 360: Hardly Time Bench Monday

Woaw. I.Am.Tired! This morning as Sarah and I headed in to town I couldn't believe Christmas Day was over so quickly...now, it feels like Christmas Day was a week ago!! Sarah and I were woken by Finlay at 6 this morning, and when it was evident that he wasn't planning on going back to sleep, we decided just to get up and head for the Next sale. I've never experienced this mental event before, when the shop opens at 6am...and as we discovered this morning, PEOPLE ACTUALLY QUEUE OUTSIDE BEFORE IT OPENS!! We thought we'd go to the Berryden Next first, but quickly made a U-turn when we saw the queue, and I was in total awe of the bulging bags in the hands of people leaving the shop, allowing fresh meat to have their turn. And when we got to Union Square, the Next there was practically empty, no queue in sight. It was certainly bizarre shopping before sunrise. And when we eventually finished in town and headed home at half 11, the backseat of the car was filled with bulging bags of our own. Ha.

Anyway, enough chat about shops! After freshening up at home, and enjoying a bacon and egg roll, Sarah and Dave headed to the cinema, while Mum, Ali, Richard and myself took Fin down to the beach for a stroll. I had hoped to get all of our shopping bags in to my Bench Monday photo, but that plan simply didn't work out due to the last minute cinema adventure.

This was the one and only bench photo I got today, as poor Finny wasn't keen on playing along, he wanted to run free. The photo's actually quite cute, as his two uncles were very concerned about his unhappiness and wanted to comfort him.
So that's it...the final Bench Monday for 2011...not the spectacular, hilarious photo I'd hoped for...but completely perfect for displaying part of today's events; Fin being the central focus.

Now...I'm off to bed! Haha. Oh, but if you want some giggles, here's a video of Fin after dinner yesterday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment