Monday 8 August 2011

Day 220: Sam's Debut Bench Monday

We were out for dinner tonight, as my brother Richard is moving to Bristol tomorrow night/Wednesday morning, so it was a sort of Fairwell meal. We went to Wagamamas. Yum! Sam came too. Sam being my beautiful new camera, purchased on my lunch break today! But anyway, back to the meal, or after the meal even...As we were heading back to the multi storey car park the fire alarm starts ringing through the whole of Union Sq. and so we're directed outside...in the opposite direction of my escape vehicle. We had to wait as the fire engines rushed in...well, pulled up to the barrier, a fireman jumped out to push the button to get a ticket, then waited for the barrier to go up so they could get through, and then they ran inside.

We were outside for about half an hour while they did their thaaaaang...so it was quite dark by the time we got back inside and up to the car, and then drove down to the beach for Bench Monday. But, that was no problem at all, thanks to Sam. He doesn't mind the dark, and thoroughly enjoyed his first Bench Monday experience, despite the spitting rain and winds. He kept cover in JD's protective arms (behind the passenger door).

Sarah, Dave and Fin didn't join us for dinner as Fin is stuffed up with the cold :(
This was us waiting outside during the fire alarm incident. Party central! Bunch of weirdos. I was never able to fit 4 people in to the frame with my 50mm on my 400d, fitting 2 was a struggle! So when I discovered what I was missing out on with the full frame sensor on my new baby I was in awe. I'm so excited!! But...I felt really harsh taking the 400d out of my hand bag and leaving him at home...poor guy. He'll still get used...occassionally...if Sam gets ill.

So, I know today's photos aren't exactly masterpieces, but just you wait till Sam's settled in!

No comments:

Post a Comment