Saturday 6 August 2011

Day 218: I Love Boat Trips!

I had such an incredibly wonderful time during my 19 hour overnight trip to Lewis! Haha. A fantastic surprise party for the lovely Laura, and then a morning out on the Zulu in the sunshine, with tea, biscuits and nutella, jeally beans, and some fishing rods! Claire rather impressively caught 3 mackerel in her first ever fishing attempt, and then Eilidh caught 3 bigger beasts that I've forgotten the name of. Ha.
We then went to feed Sammy the seal, and his ginormous mates, a couple of the fishies, in Stornoway Harbour. He almost jumped in to to the boat! And then he splashed us all as he dove back to get the fish that Claire was teasing him with!
AND, we spotted a few dolphin fins popping out the water, but they weren't in the mood to play unfortunately.

So, really, a rather spiffing weekend I'd say! We won't dwell on the fact that I wasn't even on the island for a day, because I'll hopefully be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment