Monday 1 August 2011

Day 213: LogBench Monday

Yes, you are correct, that is technically not a bench. But since nothing else was available in our time of need, and Iain really really can't make benches out of sand, it had to do! There were people sitting at the bench, and after waiting for over an hour, we realised they weren't going anywhere soon. So instead, we had a hilarious time trying to balance all three of us on this logbench!

I had been looking forward to today's Bench Monday all day, it's what was keeping me going through my Monday Blues; Mum, Aunt Anne, and myself on a bench in Stonehaven with fish suppers by our feet. But after arriving home, entering the kitchen, and seeing Mum chopping up vegetables and pans waiting on the cooker, I realised my vision wasn't going to take place. I was gutted.

But, I decided a trip to Balmedie would save the day! So I asked Iain and Alexander if they would join me. I asked Cassia too, but she's deserted me for her dissertation. So, off I went with the lads. It was a highly amusing even; discovering a surprising amount of lonely shoes on the beach/in the car park, talking about the Pope's Twitter account, rolling a massive logbench across the sand towards the sea, the lads falling over, and stopping off at McDonald's, in my bare feet, before heading home.

Thank you for joining me this evening guys! Definitely up there with my most enjoyable Bench Monday quests.

No comments:

Post a Comment