Friday 25 February 2011

Day 56: Work it baby!

Today was a good day. A REALLY good day. Like...it's gonna be up there in the Top 10 days of 2011. The original plan was that Laura would be in Uni till 2pm, and I'd head in to pick her up and then pop out to Crathes for a few piccies, on the hopefully not being used railway line...but then Laura messaged me this morning saying she'd be finished by 11:30am!! (Student life, huh...) So I dropped my plans of updating my website...woops. And headed in to get her. We went to Crathes, noticed that there are men working on the railway line (Fail), headed up to the castle and walked up to the cafe to grab some lunch...but discovered it's closed for refurbishments. Fail. So we went to Raimoir Garden Centre in Banchory instead, and got soup and a roll, like proper old wifeys. We were Loving it!

We went for a wee spin through the countryside before heading back to Crathes, and walking along by the wee loch at the bottom of the drive for the start of our photoshoot. I wasn't sure how Laura would react once the camera came out, but she was Amazing! Whereas I am much better kept behind the camera. Ha. I won't talk you through the whoooooole time we were at Crathes, but I'll tell you it was filled with many moments of hilarity. Laura got to see THEE blue door that was the inspiration behind my business name..

I'm really distracted while writing this, because I'm still going through the photos from today, and editing a few of them...I took over 350. Lolsies. I didn't expect to take a quarter of that amount, but Laura was just so darn pretty and cooperative. Haha. She practiced her model face...but the words "Work it baby!" destroyed all hope of keeping a straight face. She lolled. I lolled. It was funny. And then we discovered the door was open!!! Not THEE door, but another door. To a mini castle in the corner of the garden. I got rather excited...poor Laura attempted to go along with it, but had no idea what was so amazing. Hello...the door was open!! And there was a cute bench and a table inside.Amazing.

We took photos in a lot of different spots on the castle grounds, met a few old couples on the way, saw some yucky bugs that could swim, and took some hilarious timer self portraits across the pond...this one's not really that hilarious. That's just our faces unfortunately...

And we generally just absolutely loved being outside all afternoon on such a gorgeous day, and visiting a really cute castle with pretty gardens!

We headed in to town after our fab day out, so I could go buy the blue dress I tried on yesterday!! Eeeeek. Yay. I'm excited. And the top off the day we went for a romantic dinner at Zizzis. Seriously...I don't know if it could get any better! We were super super tired by the end of it all. Haha. So I through on my joggers and made a cuppa before sitting down at the laptop and getting majorly excited about all my amazing new photos...I mean...look at her!!


I'm now going to attempt to close Photoshop...but it may be a good idea to check back at 3am to make sure I'm not still up processing the photos!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, you "through" on your joggers? This is the second time I've caught you spelling it that way. Sort yourself out woman!!
    Gorgeous pictures though :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete