Tuesday 15 February 2011

Day 46: I love a good sunrise!

Day 46...seriously?! It's only 312 days till Christmas...ha...http://www.xmasclock.com/ Amazing. Sorry, I didn't just say that.


Today's photo was taken around 8:15am on my way to work. If I didn't have a car, that wouldn't have been possible. I am SO thankful to have a car!! As I was trudging along slowly through the traffic on the dual carriageway I realised that the sun was hitting the clouds Beauuuutifully. So I tried to think where I could pull over to get a good photo, since it would be unsafe to take a photo while driving...and the rear view mirror might ruin the shot. Hooray for Dobbies Garden Centre! Brap brap. (No idea where that came from...we'll just leave it...) The car park is up nice and high so I could miss out the road and get a semi decent photo...in fact, I think I'll put two photos up. One wiiiide one, and one zoooomedinny one :)


Isn't that sky AMAZING?!! I love it. These photos don't put across how truely amazing it was. And it was an excellent start to my day. Which was made even better shortly after that when a great lady pointed me in the direction of UCB notes which are currently on Surrender. I had a wee look at todays and yesterdays readings quickly before starting work and I was loving it. Last summer I was constantly thinking "What do I do next? Am I doing the right thing? Ok, God, you take over...no wait, I wanna do this, but is that right? Ok no, God, you tell me!...are you telling me?..." Haha. So the topic of surrendering is something I know too well! And I'm looking forward to having a look through the rest of those daily readings. Which you can also look at here if you like :)

"Surrendering to God is not weakness, it's wisdom. Only a fool resists God, because it's a fight we can't win. It's in surrendering to Him that we are empowered to succeed in what He's called us to do."

I could quote the whole thing! Just go have a look for yourself. I'll quote this one other bit too though...

" 'How will I know I'm fully surrendered?' we ask. When we rely on God to work things out instead of trying to manipulate others, force our own agenda or control the situation. We don't have to be in charge, we simply let go and let God have His way."

I certainly asked that a lot last summer. And I still struggle with knowing whether I am letting God do his thing! And then, because we all naturally want to be in control, I sometimes try steal it off him again...and start planning what I'd like to happen...but that totally doesn't work! And I remember it's better to let God take control, cause he's much wiser, and I just need to be patient. I go round in circles. And I also talk about myself too much...sorry!

I've been watching the Brits, first time I've ever watched the whole thing. Nae bad. If my photography doesn't work out I think I'll become Rihanna's personal shopper, because she's obviously struggling finding a pair of trousers.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment