Saturday 19 February 2011

Day 50: I Love Paintballing!!

Today I tried something new, and fell in love! Ha. Paintballing is Amazing. I was a little scared I was just gonna be hiding in a corner getting pelted with paintballs...or get hit within 5 seconds of starting, and have to go sit out for the next 2 hours! But, that didn't happen :) I got hit within about 5 minutes of starting the first game (along with a good few others might I add) and had to go sit out until it was finished. But we played 5 games, with TEA BREAKS in between. I was love love loving it. It's so much more fun than say Go Karting (because I'm far too sensible a driver...and keep checking to see if anyone wants to overtake me...), or lazerquest! Because you have the satisfaction of actually firing something (safe, as long as you're wearing overalls and covering your head...) out of a gun, at people, sneaking round houses, and playing in the mud! Amazing. Definitely going back again, when the castle's finished :D Haha.

I took a few quick snaps of the group at the end, sadly without the guns, and some people had already taken off their camouflage. And then on the way back across the field to the cars...Lolsies. I forgot to mention that part...we were all driving around trying to find the Battlegrounds, passing each other on country roads going in different directions and just generally looking completely lost. They only moved to that location in November, and haven't completed planning permissions yet so can't put up sign posts...major hold back! Haha. But, we found it eventually...thanks to a bunch of delincuants parked beside some barns, as there was apparently no parking at the site and we had to walk across the field...HA. It was SOAKING. They had to lay planks of wood across this massive puddle to walk across without squelching in the mud as much. Good times.

I'm utterly disgraced at the awful quality of the photos. I should really have put more effort in...I'm embarassed to actually be putting them up on here...but I've kept them small so you can't really tell :D Genius...
...Joanne didn't bother with the planks on the way back since she was already pretty muddy...I'm proud of you Joanne! You survived the day :) I hope your pretty socks are ok! And don't worry, I've binned all your energy drink cans, and I'll take your mug in to you tomorrow :)

Thankfully one of the blokes at the Paintballing actually knows how to take a decent photo, unlike me by the looks of things ^^, and he took this humorous photo of everyone so I could get in the photo too...and a couple of the delicuants jumped in the sides of the photo too.
I highly recommend a visit to Battle Grounds Paintball, it's fun even in the rain! And I'm tempted to already start organising our next battle...ha! Right now I'm off to bed, because although I have no bruises (Go me!), my legs are knackered from all the walking, running, crouching, hiding, lying, and sitting. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I found one bruise on my leg.. definitely was the most painful hit (just bounced off even though it must have been a fairly direct hit), but still it's not bad at all :p

    PS it's spelled 'delinquents'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to stop trusting the Spell Checker on here...I knew my guess of 'delicuants' was too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete