Sunday 9 January 2011

Day Nine: You'd think I was an old lady...

...I am SO tempted to just curl up and go to sleep right now. But, NO. I can't not do my daily blog post. I hoped to go to bed early tonight, and I know you're all thinking "...em...it's still only 10:30??", but that's NOT early to me. (I'm noticing my blog posts often have running themes in the way I type things out...the other day I used a lot of bracketty things...and today I appear to be loving the capitals!...and the bracketty things). And it's all John Spilsbury's fault that I am yet to shut my eyes for the night.

You see, John Spilsbury invented the jigsaw puzzle (yes, I wasted time 'googling' that), and on New Year's Eve, Sarah brought out a 1000 piece jigsaw of Padstow Harbour. I know what you're thinking right now too...us Stewart's sure know how to party, and bring in the new year with a bang! Well, I wasn't having any of it at first. I sat playing Super Mario Kart Wii with Ali (way more exciting, I know!), but then Sarah guilt tripped me in to helping. Now...whoever said jigsaw's a therapeutic, needs a good smack over the head. They're frustrating! And the painter of the image was obviously having a laugh, just blobbing in the wrong colour in random places to throw you off. It's safe to say that I didn't touch the jigsaw once between New Years Eve, and Sarah and Dave coming over this weekend. Sarah has put the majority of the pieces together, with a little help from me and Ali. I tried my best to get loads more done once she'd left tonight...but I have a feeling she took a handful of pieces home in her pocket...and eventually I gave up. Woawee, you guys must be loving todays blog! Haha. Ok, I'll just get to today's image...which is of course, THEE jigsaw. Which will NOT go up on the wall when we're done. It's going in our Chimenea.


Now...bed time!! Yaaaaaay :D

No comments:

Post a Comment