Saturday 29 January 2011

Day 28: A day of trying new things

My overnight trip to Glasgow was pretty excellent all together :) The concert last night was fantabulous (I need to work on my descriptive words...), and I'm listening to Band of Horses while I type this. I absolutely loved it! And was super chuffed to get to bed before midnight...hehe. It was a perfect evening. Apart from the minor fail of not actually getting to spend time with Anna and friends due to them having tickets for standing downstairs, and us having tickets for the balcony. Woops. I spotted them in an instant when I looked down...very funny. And apologies to Ali Walker for maybe weirding him out about the fact that it was his beard that I spotted first! Haha. Good times.

When Ali and I arrived at our aunt Ruth's house, and got to our rooms (without waking the household!), we were greeted with hotel-like treatment...
A towel, a bottle of water, Colin the Caterpillar sweets for me (Yum!), and a bag of healthy mixed nuts for Ali...woop. Haha. It was amazing! And the en suite with the power shower just tipped it over the edge. I LOVE power showers!

As the title of this blog states, I tried a few new things today! Driving around Glasgow for the first time ever was one of them, it was rather successful all in all. Motorways with 4/5 lanes are slightly scary when you're not sure when the road's gonna split off and where it's gonna take you...yes, ok, I know there are signs telling you these things. But still.Another new thing I tried was Wagamamas. Amazing! Ali and I went there for lunch with my aunts Anne and Ruth, and cousins Rhona and not so little Abigail :) It was lovely!

Granny & Grampa had met us for dinner before the concert last night, so I'm really glad we managed to see all the Glasgow Berry clan on our short visit! And that brings me to my final two 'New Things'...one Berry who has only just recently joined the Glasgow posse is my cousin Rhona, who decided to hurt my feelings and go study there instead of Aberdeen! *sob* But it's fine...and today we went shopping together, for the first time ever...which is madness! I dunno about her but I LOVED it. It was so good to spend some time with her, find out how she's getting on in Glasgow, and get her permission to buy yummy clothes!! :D Like my 'Try New Things' denim dress...unlike anything in my cupboard, it was an exciting purchase (And I maybe also bought a new snood...but that's nothing different from the norm...HA). So today's official photo of the day is for her, because she's a wonderful shopping buddy and I enjoyed our giggles :)
We had a great time in New Look posing in the mirrors, trying to figure out who the blonde guy who snuck in to our photos was...turned out to be a mannequin...Lolsies, and trying on hilariously high shoes...

So it was a darn good trip to Glasgow! And I am now going to go to sleep :) Good night Berry's, lovely to see you, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment