Thursday 20 January 2011

Day 20 : I've never voted...

...and I have to be honest and say that I know absolutely nothing about politics. I'd much rather visit the Hummingbird Bakery than the Houses of Parliament if I was in London. But none the less, photographing the deputy Prime Minister at my uncle's company was rather exciting! And no, I didn't give him a business card...maybe I'll post him one...he's bound to remember shaking hands with ME out of the hundred odd people he met today, surely. You don't think so? Ok.

So yes...for those of you who don't know, Nick Clegg was in Aberdeen today, and his first port of call was Rotech Engineering, my uncle Ken's company. Ooooh yeah. He was interested in all the Renewable Energy work that Rotech are doing at the moment. Fascinating stuff, in all seriousness, just don't ask me for the details. Read tomorrow's paper. And my uncle Ken asked if I'd walk around with them snapping away with my beautiful camera...so I like to think I have now photographed a celebrity...woop! Getting closer to meeting Brucey every step.

I wanted to think of something super smart to say about the experience...but sadly I cannot...I keep thinking about my rather mismatched outfit, and wondering if the cardigan I was wearing was really a good idea. If I'd been caught by the BBC Scotland camera crew in my photographers squat with that big cardi on...and shown on telly to hundreds of people (of course they'd be looking at me, and not Nick Clegg), it wouldn't have been a pretty sight...in fact, this is what it would've looked like...



I am so lanky...and with that cardi on I look like a big lanky pink bat. Good times. Okay okay, enough about my outfit and let's just get to what you're all really interested in...
There he is folks, in the Rotech workshop! I'm quite pleased with this photo, it's nice and crisp, the lighting's not too harsh, and apart from Ken's ever so slightly vacant look, no one's blinking or making some utterly bizarre facial expression that I just happend to push the button in time for!

So, tomorrow's gonna be a busy busy day of catch up photo editing, and I actually cannot wait :D Hope you're all having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't it the most weird thing ever...
    nice to meet you, good to read your blog!
    Check out my pal Sarah has a good photo based blog, if you're into blogs it's http://amongthechimneypots.wordpress.com/
    Keep in touch. Fi

    ReplyDelete