Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day 26 : Mum's driving lesson...

I know what you're all thinking...today's photo quality is pretty poor. I'm sorry. It's dark outside, it's raining, and I'm no car photographer, so this is as good as it gets...

HA. Ok, so what you're all probably REALLY thinking is "Mumsy drove in THAT?!" Oooooh yes. My Mum's cool.

Because Ali doesn't want to drive his car down to Glasgow, Mum is taking his car for two days so that I can drive us down in the Astra. Super Lolsies! Mother will be rockin up to Kemnay Primary school tomorrow morning in her red Toyota MR2...or as I like to call it, Brum. It's incredibly kind of her to give me her car...but secretly I think she's well excited about getting to drive Ali's car!! Haha. It'll be pretty weird for her...being a lot lower down...and a lot faster...but it's a pretty nice car! I've not driven it myself, and I'm not expert, but it sticks to the road very nicely on corners and you feel nice n snug in it. Getting out of it while wearing a knee length pencil skirt is no easy task though...

After Neighbourhood Fellowship Ali showed Mum all the controls etc. in the car, and they then went out for a wee spin. Mum apparently had difficulty getting in to 3rd gear...good be worse! Just skip 3rd I say. When they got back Ali asked if I wanted to drive it...Heck yeah I do! But I also want to do my blog post and go to sleep. Maybe I'll have a wee shot on Friday night when we get back...although I don't think I'm actually legally allowed to drive it due to that pesky insurance nonsense. So it'll maybe be a wee spin around Mains Court...or an illegal trip to Tesco...but I never said that.

Ok, I hope this post has sufficiently entertained you, I've enjoyed it! And now I must go to sleep as I have to get up in the morning and put my washing away, pack some stuff for Glasgow, put petrol in the car, buy batteries for that thingy that's gonna let us listen to Ali's ipod in the car, make sure I actually have our concert tickets, and tie Alistair up in the backseat with sellotape over his mouth so that he can't complain about my driving. Woawee, try say that whole sentence without taking a breath. I was never any good at English. OH! And I have to do my blogpost before we go as I won't be able to do it in Glasgow. So tomorrow you'll be getting a fascinating photo of my breakfast...or my cup of tea :) Mmmmm. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment