Tuesday 1 July 2014

Day 100/365 - The Inside Passage, Scenic Cruising

*Today's picture shows you just how close our rooms were to the bridge. Eek! Hilarious story about me and the Captain coming up later this week, so keep reading!*

We had a very lazy day today, staying in our beds until around 10am, almost/basically missed breakfast at the buffet upstairs, which finished at 11am (but opened again at half 11 for lunch so it wouldn't have been a huge disaster. Good story).
Matthew and I then explored the ship a bit, finding the basketball/volleyball court on the very top of the ship, and shooting some hoops, then I dipped my hand in the outdoor pool and discovered it's heated so fancied a dip, despite the chilly weather (this never happened...#regrettingit).
*I cut the journal short at this point as the ship was quite rocky and I was beginning to feel a little nauseous.*
It is morning now and we are no longer rocking, yay! After lunch the boys, or should I say Men, headed through to take part in the table tennis competition. When we joined them a little while later we arrived in time to witness Matthew beat his Dad for only the second time EVER. Calum's excuse is that he didn't have his bat and wasn't able to do his trick shots with the ship bats, but everyone was in the same boat...pardon the pun! Matthew went on to come 2nd in the whole competition (of which there was no prize), being beaten by a skilled Asian gentleman. He's hoping to beat him another day.
I couldn't resist the pool any longer so Matthew and I got our stuff and headed to the indoor pool (cooler water, but by this point it was pretty rainy outside and Matthew thought people would think we were weird for going in the outdoor pool...maybe one day (again, this never happened...#regretting it!)). Matthew was flapping like a child when he first went in the water, because it was a bit cold. I laughed. We did a few lengths (not a huge distance as the pool is rather small) and then jumped in the jacuzzi...bubbles! With floor to ceiling windows lining the sides of the pool deck, and a clear removable roof, we were able to sit and watch the Canadian island pass by us, and listen to the rain on the roof. Amazing!
Tonight was our first formal night, and Maggie booked me in to get my hair put in an 'Updo', a new experience for me...and the results were a new experience for me too (including a flipped fringe and parting)! But it looked lovely! And after my appointment I had 20 minutes to change in to my dress, and make my face look a bit more glam (but there's only so much I can do there, with my limited range of make up that I don't really know what to do with), before heading off to get formal photos done...which was a major #LOL.
There were a few areas of the ship you could get photos done, either with a hideous backdrop, a green screen so they could put glaciers behind you, or different parts of the Atrium (staircase in the middle of the ship. Not quite like the Titanic, but it has a cool seahorse hanging from the top so I like it!). We got a few shots on the top level of the Atrium, on deck 3, where the seahorse is...but we blocked him sadly, in our various couples. Matthew wanted some photos at the bottom of the stairs too so we headed down to deck 1 where there was another photographer...and this is where the 'lol' comes in. The photographer was getting us to stand in some majorly cheesy positions, something I wouldn't dare ask a couple to do *Although have since I got back just for the comedy factor*; I had to stand with my back to Matthew's chest, as we clasped hands around my waist, and I put my left hand up behind me on to his cheek, and snuggled my face up to the other side of his face...#totesaunaturale #toteshilarious

No comments:

Post a Comment