Wednesday 2 July 2014

Day 105/365 - The Inside Passage, back to Vancouver. Also my birthday!

Meet our wonderful waiters, Endra and Zaiful :)

It's my birthday! I'm 25! Yay!!

We had a very lazy, slightly depressed #itstheendoftheholiday kind of day, walking around, eating burgers, sitting outside on the lido deck in the sun, and slightly chilly breeze, playing table tennis, and then I had 15 minutes in the hot tub by the pool before getting showered and ready for dinner. 

I forgot to mention that the waiters sang for us on Wednesday. They appeared with birthday cake and put it down in front of Maggie saying it was her birthday. We were all very confused, and they told them it wasn't Maggie's birthday, but it was mine on Friday. So they gave me the cake, and a whole group of waters appeared and started singing, what we assume was 'Happy Birthday' in Indonesian, and clanging spoons against dish lids, and plates. It was amazing! I realised the next day that it was actually meant for Maggie as her birthday is the 11th of July, and it was the 11th of June so they just like to sing to guests when their birthday is coming up soon!

So they sang for me again at dinner tonight! And we got more cake, yay!! We got photos of our waiters with each of us, and enjoyed our last night with the fantastic view, before saying our final farewell's to Zaiful and Endra :(


No comments:

Post a Comment