Tuesday 1 July 2014

Day 101/365 - Juneau

Matthew and I went kayaking this afternoon near Mendenhall Glacier (see above middle right of image) in a bay off the Pacific Ocean, with about 23 other people, from our ship and the 3 others also docked in Juneau for the day. It was amazing! We didn't see any whales, but we saw about a dozen seals and a couple of eagles (see middle of image...look closely...closer...yeup...I should've brought my 70-200 lens). Did you know they eat dogs? And cats? And sometimes attempt to kidnap toddlers? And because they're endangered you coud be arrested for even throwing a stone at them. CreyC.
Speaking of whales *OH NO, AM I REALLY GONNA SHARE THIS PART?!**...this morning at breakfast Calum just happened to spot a whale fin hitting the water about a mile, or less, from the ship, and then the spray from the blow hole, so we all looked over, keen to see it surface again...It sprayed from its blow hole again, and I realised that my eyes were welling up, with tears...I was actually starting to cry at the excitement of seeing a whale, far off in the distance. Oh boy...Matthew found it hilarious, everyone else just couldn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment