Wednesday 25 June 2014

Day 99/365 - Cruuuuuuise, Baby!

I'm writing this out on the deck at 11pm, so it's dark and we can't really see the Pacific Ocean, but we can hear the waves :) Matthew is having a puff on the hilarious cigar he got in Vancouver the other day. It's called a CHUB...and it looks exactly like it sounds, short and stumpy. Smells pretty good, reminds me of Dad :) (I would just like to point out that I do not allow him to smoke regularly...I only allow him to ruin his lungs occasionally to allow myself the lovely trip down memory lane of Dad out on the back step having his cigar now and then).

It's quite unbelievable to finally be on the ship! It took quite a while to board after we dropped the car off, as there were two other cruise ships leaving from the port today too, so there was over 7000 passengers to get through security and customs. It took a loooooooong time! Much longer than they intended so the ship was over an hour later in setting off.

But all is well now, and we have reserved the best table in the dining room for dinner ever night; right at the back of the ship...or should I say stern ;), on the 2nd deck, so quite near sea level. There are floor to ceiling windows giving us breathtaking views of the swell behind us! I just can't believe how perfect is is.


No comments:

Post a Comment